Hair Care Tips
Always wash your hair extensions first before installation, treat your hair extensions like your real hair , the quality of your extensions depend on how well you take care of it.
- Brush your hair bundles from bottom to top with a paddle brush or wide tooth comb before getting hair wet , we advise brushing and washing bundles with hair ties still attached to wash and condition easier , faster and to help minimize tangling.
- Always use a sulfate and alcohol free shampoo and conditioner for your extensions-Sulfates can cause split ends to form in your hair and can make your hair look dry and frizzy.
- Use cool or lukewarm water to rinse hair
- Never massage the hair while washing or conditioning - this creates tangles and may result in increased hair shedding.
- After washing and conditioning, comb through with a paddle brush and leave to air dry.
- If you wish to deep condition hair wefts, leave conditioner on hair and place in a shower cap for 30 mins to an hour. Make sure to thoroughly rinse conditioner out with cold water to prevent greasy buildup.
GENERAL HAIR MAINTENANCE:
- Bronz recommends washing and conditioning hair once every two weeks.
- Brush hair daily to minimize tangling
- Before bed always wear a satin scarf or bonnet on hair
- Try braiding hair in a large braid before you place your bonnet or scarf on to create natural wavy look to wavy texture hair.
- Never put heavy oils on hair , try using a light dime sized amount of serum
- If you’re in a rush and do not have time to wash hair use a dry shampoo to remove excess oil from your hair
CURLY HAIR MAINTENANCE:
- When damp, apply a dime size amount of hair serum or curl cream to keep hair moisturized.
- Scrunch hair gently to enhance the curls.
- Air dry hair wefts
- Do not use oil products or excessive products on curly hair , the product will be too heavy on the hair and affect the curl pattern
- Do not brush or comb hair when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle.
- Co-washing (Conditioner only wash) is recommended at least 2 times a week
- Before bed always wear a satin scarf or bonnet on hair to prevent split ends
- Deep conditioning treatments are important to replenish moisture in curly hair that has dried out. If your hair starts to feel frizzy and dry, do a deep conditioning treatment.
- Use a t-shirt to dry hair , towels may be too harsh for the hair and cause it to frizz
- Applying heat to curly hair extensions is not recommended
Other Hair Care tips:
- Ask your beautician to use a net on your hair before sewing in hair to protect your natural hair and to make the sew-in last longer
- Wearing a sew-in for extended periods of time can be damaging to your hair, make sure you follow-up with your hair stylist with touch ups , here is what’s recommended:
Touch up on sew in (Leave-out or closure) 4-5 weeks
Touch up on frontals: 2 weeks
- Caring for your natural hair while maintaining a sew-in is important , make sure to use a light serum on the scalp to avoid a dry scalp.
- Always blow dry your braids underneath after washing. Sit under a dryer or blow dry on low to medium to avoid burning your scalp. This is important to prevent a moldy odor.
- Do not apply excessive heat to your hair , extensions are to be treated as your natural hair and excessive heat will cause damage to the hair as well as decrease the lifespan.
- It is recommended to not leave your sew-in in for more than three months to avoid matting of your braids underneath.